United Tool and Fastener is proud to carry the Werner brand of ladders and fall protection equipment. Werner, a leader in ladder and fall protection equipment, released its new Werner Utility Lifeline, designed specifically for utility workers and linemen. The innovative anchor strap fall arrest system was developed for professionals such as electricians, linemen, or arborists who work on utility poles or similar structures.
The Werner Utility Lifeline, when used with a Werner extension ladder and Werner harness, enables climbers to ascend, descend, and work from the ladder knowing they’re safely and securely anchored directly to a structure.
According to Werner, “It’s the… lifeline… that makes climbing a ladder feel as secure as a fixed anchor fall arrest system by safely securing the climber to the structure – not the ladder.”
“The new utility lifeline is the easiest system to provide an anchor to a fixed object like a pole, offering utility workers the safety and confidence to focus on the job at hand,” said Chris Hillmann Sr. Product Manager at WernerCo. “We know that climbing a ladder leaning on a pole or connected to a stand can be a daunting task, so we designed this new system to provide the security and freedom of movement needed for those professionals working in these dangerous conditions.”
Werner’s first belt-style anchor attaches directly to a pole or structure to provide safe ascending, descending, and security while working from a ladder. The new Werner Utility Lifeline design enables workers to move up or down without needing to consistently adjust the anchor.
The Werner Utility Lifeline also includes:
- Quick and easy set up: An anchor strap with Werner Quick-Connect buckles and built-in ladder base enables the user to connect the anchor strap, adjust the proper lifeline tension and clip into the fall arrester in fewer than five minutes. Furthermore, Werner’s built-in capture-grab eliminates manual tying and reduces excess strapping in the work area.
- Fluid movement: Lightweight and fluid ASAP fall arrester enables workers to easily move up and down the ladder.
- Secure: The new Werner Utility lifeline enables more secure climbing.
- Compatible with Werner Aero Extension Ladder: Works well with the Werner Aero Extension Ladder to provide a premium climbing experience. The new Utility Lifeline is also compatible with all Werner extension ladders.
- Easy to repack: The Utility Lifeline is easily repacked.
The Werner Utility Lifeline is ANSI and OSHA Certified.
Werner offers climbing products designed for working at heights, including ladders, scaffolding, pump jacks, stages, planks, accessories and fall protection such as harnesses, lanyards, anchors and compliance kits. Werner’s climbing equipment and all Werner products meet or exceed applicable international safety standards. For more information, visit www.wernerladder.com.
To learn more about the Werner Utility Lifeline or buy any Werner Fall Protection products, please contact a local UT&F showroom in Houston at 713-692-2323; in San Antonio at 210-495-8665; or College Station at 979-731-8665.